severely in need of an english translation!

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: severely in need of an english translation!

Post by Ignatius » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 am

or2az wrote:This appears on the screen in the game 麻雀の神2 〜麻雀グランプリ〜/Mahjong God 2 〜Mahjong Grand Prix〜 only when you win a match in free mode.
phpOnDX9vPM(1).jpg
Has anyone ever seen a calculation like this in any game where you multiply the winning point total by the CPU level? (or know of its use or significance).
A translation of the 1st word is appreciated.
今回スコア/This Time's Score

基本点/Base Points x CPUレベル平均/CPU Average level

Bottom line is the final score.

Actually, I don't know what's the point of it. The only thing I can think of is that maybe, is used for the ランキング/Ranking.
But I'm not sure.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:19 pm

The following translation is provided by Ignatius and refers to the 10 level game by UNBALANCE CORP.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=52000&start=150#p59738

雀荘選択/Jansou (Mahjong Parlor) selection. (On the left of this option you have 戻る go back, on the right, ルール設定 rules options)

レベル/Level 1 初心者歓迎/Newbies welcome

麻雀 わかば/Mahjong New Leaf はじめての人のための雀荘/A parlor for your first time playing.

レベル/Level 2 初心者歓迎/Newbies welcome

雀Cafe PON/Mahjong Cafe PON 気軽いに麻雀を楽しめるカフェ/ A cafe in which you can play lightheartedly.

レベル/Level 3 初心者歓迎/Newbies welcome

麻雀クラブ みさき/Mahjong Club Misaki オフィス街あり会社員に人気/Popular among employees in the business district.

レベル/Level 4 初級者/Novice players

ま~じゃん みちのく/Mahjong Michinoku 学生街にあり若い客が多い/A lot of young customers from the campus go here.

レベル/Level 5 初級者/Novice players

りっぷすてぃっく/Lipstick 女性のスタッフの気遣いが人気/Popular, and a point of interest among female staff members.

レベル/Level 6 初級者/Novice players

麻雀 シャイニング/Mahjong Shining 繁華街にあり夜の匂いが漂う店/A place in which floats the smell of the business district at night.

レベル/Level 7 中級者/Intermediate players

麻雀喫茶 ナポリ/Mahjong-teashop Napoli 学生時代から常連通う店/University students are regular customers of this parlor.

レベル/Level 8 中級者/Intermediate players

麻雀倶楽部 蓮菜/Mahjong Club Rena 大人のための隠れ家的な雀荘/A mahjong parlor and a refuge for adults.

レベル/Level 9 上級者/Advanced players

雀荘 六文銭/mahjong Rokumonsen プロが集い、しのぎを削る雀荘/Pros go here to play, a parlor in which you will be ruthlessly cut down.

レベル/Level 10 上級者/Advanced players

さぶちゃん/Sabu-chan ガード下の古い雀荘、別名「魔窟」/An old parlor under the railways, also called [Den of Thieves].

行きたい雀荘を選んでください/Please choose the mahjong parlor you would like to go.

I skipped the first few levels and went directly to level 5, where the "female staff members hang out".
The plan was to play 10 tonpuusen on each level and see how the increase in cpu affected the outcomes. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53421

After a decent showing in the level 9 parlor, where it's said that " the pros will ruthlessly cut you down", I feel more confident to go "under the railway to the Den of Thieves". Or maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.
phpbum7ZqPM.jpg
phpbum7ZqPM.jpg (44.38 KiB) Viewed 15814 times
The sound effects and voice animations are good, so are the settings, statistics, and rule changing screens, but the vertical-only mode is a drawback, at least for me.
I also don't like having to hit a separate button to discard a tile. I prefer double tap.
Consequently, this game will also not make it into my top 5.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Yes, vertical play is a drawback indeed. Lacking double tap to discard is the same. But the game sure looks good.

It was fun to translate each parlor description, even if I did it fast, so it ended being too literal sometimes.

Planned to have it ready faster, and as I couldn't complete it the day I wanted, I rushed the work a bit in the end. My bad.

But, well...
Not awesome, but not bad either, and the translation does its job.

Glad I helped, as always!
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm

I noticed that the 2 games by Fortune Inc, Onsen and Mahjong God 2, have updates available.
Can you tell me what's new?
20170405_090459.png
20170405_090459.png (8.48 KiB) Viewed 15685 times
20170405_090659.png
20170405_090659.png (15.43 KiB) Viewed 15685 times

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:40 pm

一部不具合を修正
Some bugs are corrected.

一部不具合を修正しました
Some bugs have been corrected.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:49 pm

Exactly. :)

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Wonderful! Thanks guys. I was hoping they would eliminate kuikae, or put in a button for me to disable it, but alas, no such luck.
Hate to start using it, like for a red five, or a possible tanyao, but if they do, I guess I should too. When in Rome,......................................

A previous quote from Gnom:
Whether you think the rule is legitimate or not, I think you should feel free to use it if the situation requires it! The game isn't fair because the rules make sense, it's fair because they're the same for everyone. So by not taking advantage of rules that are used, even if you don't like them, you may be putting yourself at a disadvantage. I remember calling a 5m and discarding another 5m at an EMA tournament to deny ippatsu and have a guaranteed safe discard. I loathe kuikae, but if I'm in a setting where it's in use I should make use of it if it serves my game, since other players will.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 pm

This is from that new game I've been experimenting with.
http://reachmahjong.com/en/forum/viewto ... 165#p60045
Need a little help with these. Got the 4th line, Uma, not in use or 5-10.
Not sure of the others. The choices are listed below
Thanks.

20170818_223322.png
20170818_223322.png (186.68 KiB) Viewed 15396 times
20170818_230223.png
20170818_230223.png (76.75 KiB) Viewed 15396 times
20170818_230141.png
20170818_230141.png (62.12 KiB) Viewed 15396 times

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:08 pm

- Agariyame
- I'm only 95% sure on this, but it has to do with renchan on draws.
- Head Bump / Double Ron
- As you say, uma
- Kuitan
- Kuikae

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:24 pm

That helps. Have to uncheck kuikae.
Based on what you said concerning renchan, I was able to find this in Bart's guide.
It's Oya Nagare, but I'm still not sure what to select of the 3 choices in the 2nd picture.
Isn't that a firm rule. The seats rotate after a draw where the dealer doesn't get a renchan.
(maybe it should say where the dealer is not tenpai, which I think is an optional rule)

輪荘 [rinchan / ronchan] / 親流れ [oya nagare]
Rinchan is the opposite of Renchan - it's the situation where the following hand is played after rotating the seat-winds as normal. This is described in the term Oya Nagare which means "dealer flow", this showing that the dealership passes (flows) to the next player in turn after a draw in which the dealer doesn't receive a Renchan.

As for Agari Yame, I assume you check the box if you want the game to stop if the dealer wins the last hand and is ahead and doesn't want a continuance. Correct?
Thanks again.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:29 am

Yes, that is how Agariyame should work.

With respect to Oyanagare, My understanding is like this (but this is were my slight uncertainty resides)
- Nashi (ie, never flow, always renchan if it is a draw)
- Flow if Noten
- Flow (this would make all exhaustive draws rotate winds)

But play with this for a bit to be sure it's right. :)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Should be what you said, Referee.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Good to know. :)

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:17 am

Still experimenting with the app above, could use a little more help.
Got most of these I think. Please correct any that are not.
1) number of games played
2) ???
3) 1st place finishes %
4) hand winning %
5) dealing in %
6) calling riichI %
Screenshot_20170830-185013.jpg
Screenshot_20170830-185013.jpg (102.46 KiB) Viewed 15341 times
This appears on the bottom om every statistics page. Is it a reset button?
Screenshot_20170830-191418.jpg
Screenshot_20170830-191418.jpg (29.95 KiB) Viewed 15341 times
These appear as 4 buttons on a previous screen. Very similar explanations.
20170830_191539.png
20170830_191539.png (98.61 KiB) Viewed 15341 times
Thanks for the help.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:04 am

Glad to help, as always.

First Pic:

1) プレイ回数 Number of games played
2) 連対率 This is called Rentai percentage, in mahjong represents % of times you've obtained positive uma.
3)トップ率 1st Place finishes %
4) 和了率 Hand Winning %
5) 放銃率 Dealing in %
6) 立直率 Calling Riichi %

You've got them. Respect. :)

Second Pic:

This blue button is a reset stats button, exactly as you thought.

Third pic:

速報:今月の月例会で規定数未満も含んだランキング/Quick Report: Ranking which includes this month's players below the minimum points for the Monthly Meeting.
今回:今月の月例会で規定数以上のランキング/ This Month: Ranking which includes this month's players above the minimum points for the Monthly Meeting.
前回:先月の月例会で規定数以上のランキング/ Last Month: Ranking which includes last month's players above the minimum points for the Monthly Meeting.
歴代:開催月別の成績上位者のランキング/History: Includes a history of the best players, in a ranking (probably this refers to the Monthly Meeting mode). The best players of the game's ranking, basically.