Overview of current mahjong video-games

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: Overview of current mahjong video-games

Post by Ignatius » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:32 pm

or2az wrote:Did some searching. If this is the game you are referring to, I don't think it's available in the USA google play store or the IOS app store, at least not yet. Too bad, sounds interesting.
FullSizeRender.jpg
Yes, is this game. I hope you can try it out in the near future.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:54 am

Here's one that is relatively new, I think, to both, Android and IOS, by UNBALANCE corp.
All in japanese, with changeable rules, nice graphics and sound effects, 10 levels, I think, but only vertical mode play.
Same developer as Saiko no mahjong 3D (is there a link to download this game?).
phpsRdXuNPM.jpg
phpsRdXuNPM.jpg (24.96 KiB) Viewed 14627 times
phpzPtfM6PM.jpg
phpzPtfM6PM.jpg (32.67 KiB) Viewed 14627 times
phpZKmkhaPM.jpg
phpZKmkhaPM.jpg (52.06 KiB) Viewed 14627 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 am

or2az wrote:Here's one that is relatively new, I think, to both, Android and IOS, by UNBALANCE corp.
All in japanese, with changeable rules, nice graphics and sound effects, 10 levels, I think, but only vertical mode play.
Same developer as Saiko no mahjong 3D (is there a link to download this game?).
phpsRdXuNPM.jpg
phpzPtfM6PM.jpg
phpZKmkhaPM.jpg
This game looks good, an being from Unbalance I have more reasons to think so. But the fact you play in vertical mode...

Sadly in Android you cannot see when a game got uploaded for the first time to the store (or so I think), just the last time it got updated. The game got several updates but the version is still 1.0.0 or something... I say this just because the game got a recent update, but I think it is an old game. Not that I know for sure...
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:39 pm

I noticed another mahjong game by Fortune Inc which I'm sure you have seen before.
Is this an older (or newer) version of the other one.
The game screen looks similar, once I got to it. All in japanese, naturally.
Has some kind of story line to it.
phpVwrEtfAM.jpg
phpVwrEtfAM.jpg (33.11 KiB) Viewed 14619 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (150.93 KiB) Viewed 14619 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Oh, yes ようこそ温泉麻雀リターン/Welcome to Onsen Mahjong: Return. I played that game and got all trophies. Some character designs were cool, others were a bit uninteresting, others too... Revealing. So I decided not to play it outside my home.

It was fun to play.

But this game has girls and less modes as there is only story mode (which has a very short story and a diferent ending for each character), and free mode. It has, of course options and records mode.

The girls fight to be the next manager of the japanese inn who runs the lady in the main menu. In fact, the last match with each girl is against her.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:21 pm

But this game has girls and less modes as there is only story mode (which has a very short story and a diferent ending for each character), and free mode. It has, of course options and records mode.
Less modes sounds good to me, not as many buttons, but I'm still having a bit of trouble navigating around.
Hate to impose, but can you help? I also noticed a locked screen. Did you unlock it?

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:39 pm

or2az wrote:
Less modes sounds good to me, not as many buttons, but I'm still having a bit of trouble navigating around.
Hate to impose, but can you help? I also noticed a locked screen. Did you unlock it?
Ok. Glad to help, as always.

オプション/Options.

初期化/Data Erase.
牌捨て/Discard Style: ツータッチ 2 touches, ワンタッチ 1 touch.
SE: On, off.
BGM: On, off.

レコード/Records.

達成記録/Achievements Record. (Online).
アーケード/Arcade Records.
フリーモード/ Free Mode Records.
(If you need more detailed information about those records, just ask.)

ランキング/Ranking. This needs to connect to Google Play or what IOs has.

ルール説明/Rules explanations.

麻雀ルール/Mahjong Rules. Here you can see the game rules. The rules written here affect Arcade mode and Free mode. But in free mode you can change some rules.

役一覧/List of Yaku.

役満一覧/List of Yakuman.

アゲート/Arcade. This is the Story Mode.

フリー/Free.

You need to play enough to unlock at least one character to be able to play it.

Once you unlock it you can choose one character to play as her. Also you can modify some rules. I think it has less options than 麻雀の神2/Mahjong God 2. (I have this game not installed, so I don't know which rules you can change.)

You unlock characters obtaining 麻雀力/Mahjong Strenght Points, just playing. Around 50,000 or 60,000 points unlock all the girls. I don't know if you can unlock the owner of the japanese inn as a playable character. Didn't try to find out.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:30 am

Thanks for the help. I can get through it now. Played my first complete game (and won).
Some things I noticed:

The game speed on this one is faster than the other one.

Sound effects but no voice animations. Nice graphics.

The button in the top right corner of the game screen (see picture above), which I assume is the on/off for calling melds, does not seem to work. You can call either way. No big deal.

The game I played was East round only. I don't know if this can be changed to Hanchan.

This game, like the other one, needs an internet connection, even for free mode.
This is unlike Mahjong Tengokuhai, which allows single-mode play, whenever.

I like this one. (but not as much as Tensei or Kiwame)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:53 am

or2az wrote:Thanks for the help. I can get through it now. Played my first complete game (and won).
Some things I noticed:

The game speed on this one is faster than the other one.

Sound effects but no voice animations. Nice graphics.

The button in the top right corner of the game screen (see picture above), which I assume is the on/off for calling melds, does not seem to work. You can call either way. No big deal.

The game I played was East round only. I don't know if this can be changed to Hanchan.

This game, like the other one, needs an internet connection, even for free mode.
This is unlike Mahjong Tengokuhai, which allows single-mode play, whenever.

I like this one. (but not as much as Tensei or Kiwame)
Yeah, that button is the Calling: On, off. If doesn't work, that's bad... Maybe you'll get an update.

I think you can play Hanchan just in free mode.

Well, the game is fine, could be cooler. It's fun to play and works well. But it is a shame that being a single player game you have to be online to play. Considering that point, there are better solo games.

That doesn't mean I consider this game a bad game, you have to be online to let the game show you ads so the company can keep working, and those ads are not super intrusive...

If I can choose, I'll always go for games I have to pay for. As long as they have no ads or micro transactions, I'm fine.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:11 am

The demo for RGG6 is now available on the Japanese PSN store.

There are many changes and new features - including camera selfie mode. :)
rgg6mj.jpeg
rgg6mj.jpeg (77.46 KiB) Viewed 14371 times
Last edited by Barticle on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:07 am

I will play the demo for sure. :)

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:58 pm

I see now there are two mahjong parlours in Kamurochou, both in new locations.

The first one (see pic) is in the same building as the cat café. :) This posh parlour is actually named Kindai Mahjong, but the usual manga poster is absent.

The other jansou seems to be inaccessible in the demo, but it shares a building with a "sexy club" cabaret called Appuru Pai (Apple Pie).

All quite novel, but the mahjong minigame itself is very familiar!

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:19 pm

good-news.jpg
good-news.jpg (11.71 KiB) Viewed 14163 times
Sega America have today announced localised editions of RGG Kiwami (the 2016 HD remake of 2005's RGG1) and the forthcoming RGG6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMv8dT_cANA

Yakuza Kiwami is due in summer 2017 and will feature re-recorded Japanese dialogue (controversially Yakuza 1 had an English dub).

Yakuza 6 is slated for early 2018.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Referring to ONSEN MAHJONG,
You unlock characters obtaining 麻雀力/Mahjong Strength Points, just playing. Around 50,000 or 60,000 points unlocks all the girls.
I made it up to 50,000 points and the final girl character has unlocked.
This game, like the other one by Fortune Inc, Mahjong Grand Prix, needs an internet connection, even for free mode.
I have noticed that you really don't have to be CONNECTED to the internet, it just has to be available.
I have been in places where wi-fi is available, and the games work even if you don't sign in.
Don't understand why, but it does. I assume this means it doesn't use data.
phpVCANwZAM.jpg
phpVCANwZAM.jpg (29.48 KiB) Viewed 12627 times
CPU level 6 (the highest), in the ONSEN game, does not compare to level 6 in the Grand Prix game.
It is easier, and there are no wareme monsters, or 4 red fives in every suit, or mind-reading opponents out to destroy you.
Despite the other goofy characters, it's a fairly decent game. The story mode, which you don't have to read, is East-round only, but I have the free mode set on Hanchan, level 6.
The draws actually seem to be random, but you can still lose if not careful (and even if you are).
It's a fun game. No stress.

References:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=52000&p=59742&hilit=onsen#p59746
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53180&hilit=onsen&start=195#p59766
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53421#p59845

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:05 am

First of all, happy new year.

Glad to hear so good things of the onsen mahjong. It' a good game. :)