shūgi, parenchan, w/no dobon: wow!

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

shūgi, parenchan, w/no dobon: wow!

Post by or2az » Mon May 25, 2015 8:32 am

As mentioned previously, the Kiwame app, in addition to standard play, has ten "rooms" where you can experience a different combination of various optional rules and winning conditions. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53059&start=15#p57578
I was playing in one of them which involved shūgi (tips) and no bankruptcy rule. To win, I had to have 10 more shūgi than the host over the course of 4 hanchans. I have never found this to be easy. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53285&p=57475&hilit=shuugi#p57460
The honba count was increasing and I scored a parenchan (double yakuman of 96,000 pts) which bankrupted 2 players, but this time, the match continued with negative scores. I also got 10 shūgi. I managed to win the next hand and unbelievably, another scored parenchan. I think this was due to another one of those optional rules. I ended the 2nd hanchan with 270,000 pts and 22 shūgi (wow!) and went on to win the final 2 hanchans. This was a fun match. Probably never happen again.
Could use some translation help in the last picture. Thanks
php6LDwhGAM.jpg
php6LDwhGAM.jpg (34.27 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
phpg3A2XaAM.jpg
phpg3A2XaAM.jpg (51.03 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
phpIl49UUAM.jpg
phpIl49UUAM.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 3846 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: shūgi, parenchan, w/no dobon: wow!

Post by Ignatius » Mon May 25, 2015 9:22 am

The rules for Paa Renchan says that not only the 8 renchan scores as yakuman, but any of your next renchan following that, will score a Yakuman too, except if you loose a hand of course, and the streak is broken.

If you know Saki, there´s a character called Shibuya Takami, I think, from Shiraitodai (Miyanaga Teru´s team) who has an interesting abillity. Her first discard of each hand can be "sown" to create powerful hands later (mostly yakuman). She´s the harvester. And is supposed that when she harvests for the first time a Yakuman (what she aims for usually), her subsequent winning hands are yakuman too. This is unconfirmed, as her own teammates says... It´s like she a human potential Paa Renchan or something.

What you´ve got is awesome.

Edit: Translation:

リーチ麻雀 Riichi Mahjong
善知鳥-UTOH- Zenjidori-UTOH- (looks just like a name)

Left side:

間瀬久美子 Hazamase/Chikase/Hazase (this surname has 3 ways to read it) Kumiko 戦(battle)

判定 (award/veredict/judgement) A

Right side:

平均ポイント (average points) 82 P

平均順位 (average position) 1.2 place.

平均祝儀枚数 (average quantity of Shûgi bonus chips) 5.0 chips.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.