severely in need of an english translation!

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

Masa
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: severely in need of an english translation!

Post by Masa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Ignatius wrote:I think" Parlour Destroyer Reputation" should be "Parlour Destroyer Evaluation". At least that's what I've read in the image. Also" Total Reputation" should be "Over-all Evaluation Grade". Those grades are weird as you say, Masa, I thought the same.
Yeah evaluation should suitable word. Thanks!
I mixed up below meaning.
evaluation -> 評価
reputation -> 評判

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Well, let´s go with the last post of or2az.
1st:

Parlour Destroyer Free game characters addition

In Parlour Destroyer: If you beat the mode along with each condition to win, you´ll increase the number of characters to use in Free Game Mode by 1.

2nd:

Parlour Destroyer About Points and Chips

For the way to calculate points check out the Free Game mode.

Please note that the chips goes in a different way of the free games.

In Parlour Destroyer mode, the winned-losed games will be counted, being this, related to the clearing conditions for each match.

Chips won't be added to your obtained points.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:04 pm

posting seems to have slowed a bit so I'll try to get a few more of these translated.
I believe these have to do with the rules of the free game mode.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (72.11 KiB) Viewed 12626 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (47.41 KiB) Viewed 12626 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (74.63 KiB) Viewed 12626 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Free Game Rules Selection 1

As you select Free Game you`ll be moved to Rules Selection screen. Tap the rule you wish to change and it will change.
Games are, Tonpûsen (East-Only Game), Tonnansen (East-South Game) or Tonpeisen (East-North Game), also touching the rules you can change them from ari (on) to nashi (off).
If you choose to change more than 4 rules at the same time a popup will be shown asking if you want to use those as preferred rules. (I think this is what this last sentence means, but it is vague.)

Free Game Rules Selection 2

If you select 読み込み (Load Rules) you can load and play with previously saved ruleset.
You can play the game without loading those rules and change the rules.

Free Game Rules Selection 3

When in Rules Selection screen, pressing 設定 (configure) you`ll be able to save your selected options.
If you wish not to save them, just press 対局する (Start Game), then you will be asked if you want to confirm your selected rules. Pressing はい (yes) will send you to the character selection screen without saving the rules. As doing so will not save those preferences, when you quit the application, the ruleset will come back to its default when you start the game again.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Interesting. I wasn't aware of the words tonansen (another word for hanchan) and tonpeisen, although I did find the first one in Barticles (p.10). He also mentions Ton Ton Sen (east-east). Can this be also written as tontonsen? Anyway, a few more from the same section, if you have time.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.29 KiB) Viewed 12617 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.2 KiB) Viewed 12617 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 12617 times
Last edited by or2az on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:24 pm

continued, very similar 1st and 3rd lines.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 12617 times

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:35 am

or2az wrote:Interesting. I wasn't aware of the words tonansen (another word for hanchan) and tonpeisen, although I did find the first one in Barticles (p.10). He also mentions Ton Ton Sen (east-east). Can this be also written as tontonsen? [...]
I have east-north in my guide too - tonpeisen = ton pē sen (different ways of writing the same thing).

The ton-ton option (two consecutive east rounds) is quite unusual. I must've encountered it somewhere... but probably only once.
Last edited by Barticle on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Free Game Character Selection 1

If you advance through Parlour Destroyer mode or in Free Game mode you obtain the top position more than the fixed number of times, the number of player to play against will be increased. You will be able to choose to choose from 10 at max.
When you select 3 players just press 決定 (Done), and your match will start.

Free Game Character Selection 2

Order selection is Shimocha 下家 (left player) - Toimen 対面 (across player) – Kamicha 上家 (right player).
Tap the character you want to play with from below, you can remove them with the cursor, touching their seats.
If you want to change the selected characters, in the seat window upper part, touch the face of the character twice. Doing so the character will go back to the character catalogue.

Free Game Character Selection 3

If you press ランダム (Random), the application will choose the players for you. If you don`t like the choices, just press ランダム (Random) again to be able to change the selected characters.

Free Game Character Selection 4

If you press 一つ戻す (Go back 1), the last selected character will be in its previous status.
If you press 全て戻す (Go back all), all the characters will be sent back, so you`ll be able to redo the selection from the start.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Again, I want to thank you for your time and patience. This stuff probably seems pretty basic for you.
Just one more small item.
These 2 buttons yield almost two identical screens. I'm not sure what the difference is. (The 1st is "load rules", as you have said.)
The wording at the top is very similar, but slightly different.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (11.59 KiB) Viewed 12593 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 12593 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (47.46 KiB) Viewed 12593 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Ah, those are:

1st image: ルール読み込み (Load Rules) and ルール保存 (Save Rules) buttons.

In each case you have up to three slots to load (2nd image) or save your rulesets configuration (3rd image). The game asks in which file you wish to load/save those rulesets.

Each of the three file´s circles has the old kanji for that number written in gray, nowadays those kanji are unused.

The only games that have 読み込み for load and 保存 for save, as far I have seen, are usually those with kinda old style in them, like games about samurai or ninja. Llike the first Tenchu, a ninja game for PSX, for example. Usually other games use a transcription of load ロード and save セ-ブ in japanese, which is easy, I should say.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Ignatius,あなたは私が送信したプライベートメッセージをお持ちですか?
(hope i did that correctly)

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Ignatius wrote:Llike the first Tenchu, a ninja game for PSX, for example.
I loved the first Tenchu game (although I was playing the English version). :) I must've played it a lot as I still remember some quotes.
Usually other games use a transcription of load ロード and save セ-ブ in japanese, which is easy, I should say.
Yes, you can make good progress in games once you learn the katakana script. Menu options and commands are often just English words transcribed.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Barticle wrote:
Ignatius wrote:Llike the first Tenchu, a ninja game for PSX, for example.
I loved the first Tenchu game (although I was playing the English version). :) I must've played it a lot as I still remember some quotes.
Usually other games use a transcription of load ロード and save セ-ブ in japanese, which is easy, I should say.
Yes, you can make good progress in games once you learn the katakana script. Menu options and commands are often just English words transcribed.

I played the english game too. I like a lot Ayame´s voice in english. But recently I got lucky, I tried the second version of the first tenchu wich is japanese with the european voice track too, and some erors got corrected. But some major flaws stayed there :cry: .

Yes, knowing katakana helps a lot, but for games with complex plot it´s impossible to play if you know only hiragana and katakana. Well you can play, but you will understand nothing of the plot, sidequest if any, and so on... Sometimes even complex mechanics of the game too...

And some people buy those games knowing that, like The Witch and the Hundred Knight´s japanese version Majo to Hyakkihei, or Yakuza series, Ryu ga gotoku in japanese.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:12 pm

or2az wrote:Ignatius,あなたは私が送信したプライベートメッセージをお持ちですか?
(hope i did that correctly)
Oh, sorry, I usually forgot about PM, I never see if have new ones. I´m really sorry.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Ignatius wrote:[...] or Yakuza series, Ryu ga gotoku in japanese.
I'm currently playing RGG: Ishin but luckily there's an excellent unofficial English language guide available online which includes plot summaries for the story and side-missions.

I've already updated my Yakuza Mahjong guide to cover Ishin and I'm now working on a guide to the gambling minigames (Koi-Koi, Oicho-Kabu, Chinchirorin, Chou-Han and Poker).
Ignatius wrote:Oh, sorry, I usually forgot about PM, I never see if have new ones. I´m really sorry.
Happened to me too. Seems that email alerts are broken.