meetups - why sunday?

Want to meetup with your RM.com friends? This is the place! Meet in real life or online! Please remember to not post any identifying details and be careful who you give your email and personal details to. We recommend you do not agree to meet strangers in real life.

Moderator: Shirluban

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

meetups - why sunday?

Post by chalwa » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:30 am

I have suggestion, which imho is important for European players, who want to participate in rm.com meetings, that is to make it in Saturday, like it was last year, not Sunday. That is because in Europe we have it at (when time now has change due to daylight saving or how it was called in English) 24.00 (ends at 1.30-2.00), and next day is Monday that means work/school for probably all. So its not very convenient. Making it at Saturday will be no problem for staying up late, as next day is free for almost everyone. I would be greatfull for considering this :]

deJENNerate
Mahjong Pro
Mahjong Pro

Re:meetups - why sunday?

Post by deJENNerate » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Chalwa,

You\'re right, for European players the time is really late right now. We would be happy to change it, but unfortunately neither Gem or I can make it on Saturday for Europe.

I\'m booked up every Sunday from now until the middle of June.

If someone could help us with starting the tables and keeping track of results then we could definitely change the time.

freegamesX
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by freegamesX » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:42 pm

hello... where can I find a mahjong league in Europa?
I am really interested to participate to meetings and tournaments.
Regards!

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:20 pm

The \"meet-ups\" are virtual ones (online) but for the real thing get in touch with the EMA...

http://mahjong-europe.org/index.html

Jarajara-kun
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: meetups - why sunday?

Post by Jarajara-kun » Wed May 26, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm a little bit disappointed in organization of 23th May tournament, but not only of this one. Please understand, that people in Europe have to stand until 12 o'clock and have jobs/study next morning. You also have to wake up very early in the morning. Why don't you inform players that tournament is canceled? There was no mail, no info on the site and forum. I also send registration form with question. If tournaments are one a two weeks thus tournament should be not 23th but 16th? Why is that so?

Sorry that my first post in this community is so critical but imho you should pay more attention to informing people about changes (even if there is no tournaments) and answering to mails.
死ねば助けるのに。。。

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Senechal » Thu May 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Nothing's stopping you from setting up a meet of your own, organizers tend to have the undeniable perk of being able to organize things that fit best for their schedule.
Club Riichi de Montréal (Canada) http://riichi.ca/ (If you're from elsewhere, keep in touch with us too!)

Jarajara-kun
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Jarajara-kun » Fri May 28, 2010 9:17 am

Everything should be ok if they inform the players about changes as well as cancelled tournaments.
死ねば助けるのに。。。

gemma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gemma » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey all,

I've been slogging away in Germany working hard to earn the pennies which is why the tournaments sort of died (especially after some late nights for me where people didn't turn up...)

ANYWAY, I will restart them this week. But the real question is when suits you all?

I'm on CET and I have a day job so please consider that I can't do 12pm on a Monday. And I am highly unlikely to be able to wake up at 6am.

Let me know what you want. I can even split you into two groups if there are enough of you. Feed back to me and I will try my best.

Gem