http://www.ron2.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

zerodeckk
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Help with ron²

Post by zerodeckk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:27 am

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with ron². I know there is a great english tutorial on the website and it help me to suscribe to a full membreship but it seems that a lot of thing has changed.

Could you please explain the differents room ? I alway play int the first one and i understand that green is for east only round and red for east and south round, but that's all.

Is it possible to replay games from pros ? I can watch them but i didn't find replays to see them at my own speed.

I lost a lot of games, is the level higher than Tenhou ?

Regards

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: Help with ron²

Post by xKime » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:44 am

zerodeckk wrote:Hi,
Hey there.
I'm looking for some help with ron². I know there is a great english tutorial on the website and it help me to suscribe to a full membreship but it seems that a lot of thing has changed.
If I recall, G&J were working on getting a renewed guide up for a while, so look forward to that as well.
Could you please explain the differents room ? I alway play int the first one and i understand that green is for east only round and red for east and south round, but that's all.
I just gave it a quick view and looked at the explanations very briefly, so I may be mistaken in some parts, but

They are arranged as

東風戦道場 (East Dojo)
東風戦リーチバトル (East Reach Battle)
東風戦スペシャル (East Special)
東風戦イベント (East Event)
東南戦道場 (East-South Dojo)
東南戦リーチバトル (East-South Reach Battle)
東南戦スペシャル (East-South Special)
東南戦イベント (East-South Event)
東南戦リーグ (East-South League)
チャットルーム (Chat-room)
東風戦F自由対戦室 (East Free Rules unranked)
東南戦F自由対戦室 (East-South Free Rules unranked)

Dojo: Rated games with people close to your level. There is a ranking, and you may even play with pros.
Reach Battle: You play to accumulate Battle Points in a Mahjong Parlor'ish style and also go up in rank. This mode has red 5s.
Special: Matches arranged with a variety of conditions. (Date, rank, w/e)
Event: Tournaments or open matches with Pros go here.
League: In a similar fashion to JPML's league, you keep winning and you go up in league, you keep losing and you go down.
Free/unranked: You may play any rules you want from the other rooms, and unranked players (non-paying players) may enter.

About the difference in rules, refer here: http://www.ron2.jp/play_guide_rule.html

If you want to know more in depth about any of these, feel free to ask.
Is it possible to replay games from pros ? I can watch them but i didn't find replays to see them at my own speed.
It is very possible, you may enter the JPML's Log Service.

If you need to know in more depth, also ask. I'm just being lazy here and dumping the link assuming you'll get around it.

Regards
I'm sorry to hear that.
Anyway, think about it this way... if you are playing at Ron2, it means people in there are paying members as well, it means they are -investing- money (and time) in mahjong. There is a true interest in achieving skill. Otherwise, they would just play in a free server.

Now, people at tenhou may not pay at all, and play just for the heck of it. You may find a lot more of dedication in higher rooms (Tokujou (4dan R1800+) and Houou (7dan R2000+ w/premium membership), and thusly very strong and dedicated players, but in joukyuu (1kyu and higher) and ippan (general), you will find people who aren't taking it seriously at all.

There are very strong players at tenhou too. You just have to play your way to those "stronger" rooms.
In Ron2, you already filter a lot of people right from the beginning because you recquire a payment, and people who pay tend to be a little more dedicated.

zerodeckk
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by zerodeckk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:53 am

xKime wrote:
zerodeckk wrote:Hi,

Hey there.
If I recall, G&J were working on getting a renewed guide up for a while, so look forward to that as well.
It will be very nice ^^
xKime wrote:
I just gave it a quick view and looked at the explanations very briefly, so I may be mistaken in some parts, but

They are arranged as

東風戦道場 (East Dojo)
東風戦リーチバトル (East Reach Battle)
東風戦スペシャル (East Special)
東風戦イベント (East Event)
東南戦道場 (East-South Dojo)
東南戦リーチバトル (East-South Reach Battle)
東南戦スペシャル (East-South Special)
東南戦イベント (East-South Event)
東南戦リーグ (East-South League)
チャットルーム (Chat-room)
東風戦F自由対戦室 (East Free Rules unranked)
東南戦F自由対戦室 (East-South Free Rules unranked)

Dojo: Rated games with people close to your level. There is a ranking, and you may even play with pros.
Reach Battle: You play to accumulate Battle Points in a Mahjong Parlor'ish style and also go up in rank. This mode has red 5s.
Special: Matches arranged with a variety of conditions. (Date, rank, w/e)
Event: Tournaments or open matches with Pros go here.
League: In a similar fashion to JPML's league, you keep winning and you go up in league, you keep losing and you go down.
Free/unranked: You may play any rules you want from the other rooms, and unranked players (non-paying players) may enter.

About the difference in rules, refer here: http://www.ron2.jp/play_guide_rule.html

If you want to know more in depth about any of these, feel free to ask.
Thanks a lot !!!! It is very helpfull.

I 've tried every room, however i cannot play in the league room.

Do you know if each room has his own ranking system or if it's the same ranking for all room ?
xKime wrote:
It is very possible, you may enter the JPML's Log Service.

If you need to know in more depth, also ask. I'm just being lazy here and dumping the link assuming you'll get around it.
I 've nerver seen this page before. I've tried to log in but it seems that it isn't the same login /password...
xKime wrote:

Regards
I'm sorry to hear that.
Anyway, think about it this way... if you are playing at Ron2, it means people in there are paying members as well, it means they are -investing- money (and time) in mahjong. There is a true interest in achieving skill. Otherwise, they would just play in a free server.

Now, people at tenhou may not pay at all, and play just for the heck of it. You may find a lot more of dedication in higher rooms (Tokujou (4dan R1800+) and Houou (7dan R2000+ w/premium membership), and thusly very strong and dedicated players, but in joukyuu (1kyu and higher) and ippan (general), you will find people who aren't taking it seriously at all.

There are very strong players at tenhou too. You just have to play your way to those "stronger" rooms.
In Ron2, you already filter a lot of people right from the beginning because you recquire a payment, and people who pay tend to be a little more dedicated.
You may be right. From the 25 first game, on tenhou i was at the two first places around 70% without thinking a lot. On ron²....oh wait...i can't say it, it's a shame :oops:

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:31 am

Do you know if each room has his own ranking system or if it's the same ranking for all room ?
In Dojo you have the kyu-dan ranking system, in leagues you have the league system, and in other games you are like "A1" or "A2" or so. You can get a clear idea of the ranking system used by looking at the game list and seeing what info is displayed.
I 've nerver seen this page before. I've tried to log in but it seems that it isn't the same login /password...
You may register here: https://www.ron2.jp/pds/pre_regist_user.html

Quick translation

Mail:
Confirm:
Password:
Confirm.
You may be right. From the 25 first game, on tenhou i was at the two first places around 70% without thinking a lot. On ron²....oh wait...i can't say it, it's a shame :oops:
[/quote]

Scoring first in the general lobby is not such a huge achievement at tenhou. Try ranking up and playing in a higher level rooms for a bigger challenge. In the general lobby, Most "NoName" players retire after dealing in. And once they quit, they discard every tile they draw.
In ronron, you rarely ever have quitters even in lower levels, and even if they quit, a bot takes over and plays normally.

One time I was playing on ronron and I was one away from a sanshoku tenpai, then my connection suddenly died on me, so I fixed it and hurried back. When I got back, my bot had just made the sanshoku tenpai, reached and even won the hand from the guy to the right, scoring a mangan hand for me. That felt really great.
In tenhou, I would just have missed that hand, or maybe even dealt into someone else.