Tenhou progress thread

http://tenhou.net/

Moderator: Shirluban

DdR_Dan
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Tenhou progress thread

Post by DdR_Dan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:02 am

Anyone else grinding for rank on tenhou? In my journey back towards 7th dan I just had my best monthly stats ever:
tokujou_Feb2016.png
tokujou_Feb2016.png (3.93 KiB) Viewed 7933 times
Top left are acquired end of round points and place points (+30, +10, -10, -30 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th), and next to them on the right are average end of round points and average place.
At the bottom is 1st place pct, top 2 pct, and last place pct. The place for each stat is the number on the right with the 位. This is for tokujou, south wind, open tanyao, red dora, and about 500 players have played the 30 games required to get on these rankings.

I'm still only at 1500/2400 to 7th dan though...

Mauro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: Tenhou progress thread

Post by Mauro » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:49 pm

I'm trying to reach 3rd dan; I had a coupla bad streaks that set me behind, but overall I think I'm on the right track. This is my last month:
20160210.jpg
20160210.jpg (9.44 KiB) Viewed 7926 times
Now I just need to get less fourth places (hoping to deal less when riichied and to opponents in dama in sixth turn :mrgreen: ).

DdR_Dan
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by DdR_Dan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:18 am

In a span of 6 hanchans, 2 have ended with yakuman hands:
yakuman1.jpg
yakuman1.jpg (220.37 KiB) Viewed 7875 times
yakuman2.jpg
yakuman2.jpg (211.68 KiB) Viewed 7875 times
In the daisangen one, the player who played in was in last and it was their last dealer turn in south 3.
In the shousuushii one, the player on the left actually discarded east wind after the 3 other wind calls by the dealer, but the dealer's hand at that time was 5-dot 6-dot 6-dot :east.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:29 pm

So, a player sitting East tosses a white dragon and it gets claimed. Later, when he sees two exposed pungs of dragons, red and white, he proceeds to toss the green one so his opponent can complete the triplet. Is that right?
Now that it's posted for public view, I bet he has a lot more friends that want to play mahjong with him. Lucky guy!

DdR_Dan
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by DdR_Dan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:04 am

In that one I figure the guy had already decided that he was either going to win the hand or get last anyway and he had 2 dora and it's not that likely the guy with red and white dragon also has 2 green dragons, so... That or he was annoyed and just wanted to throw it down and if it got ron'd he could complain about losing to a yakuman lol. I'm more surprised about the 2nd one because the player who played in was 6th dan and they didn't have to take the risk on 7p. If they were paying attention 6p was the last tile to come out of the dealer's hand. That player was also playing really passively, not declaring riichi as dealer and the like, and then with a big lead they called kan pretty early, so you could guess they had a hand they really wanted to win.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:47 pm

or2az wrote:So, a player sitting East tosses a white dragon and it gets claimed. Later, when he sees two exposed pungs of dragons, red and white, he proceeds to toss the green one so his opponent can complete the triplet. Is that right?
Now that it's posted for public view, I bet he has a lot more friends that want to play mahjong with him. Lucky guy!
Mostly. As I take it, the red pon came first. But yeah, it's a bad play, but there wasn't much to do in his position anyway.