Free Tenhou 15 day premium membership (ends 10/31)

http://tenhou.net/

Moderator: Shirluban

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Free Tenhou 15 day premium membership (ends 10/31)

Post by mrrrx » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:53 am

I happened to go to the tenhou documentation site today:
http://arcturus.su/tenhou/
And saw a nice announcement there that you can get a free Tenhou Premium 15 day membership if you put in your ID at this site before Oct 31st:
http://tenhou.net/cs/201210cp/

I haven't tried it yet but will shortly. Looking forward to using that windows client I installed and never used!

wavemotion
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: Free Tenhou 15 day premium membership (ends 10/31)

Post by wavemotion » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up!

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 pm

You need to already be a paid member to acquire it.

I have already gotten mine.

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mrrrx » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 pm

You may need to already have an ID, but you don't need to have paid anytime previously. I have never paid for tenhou but I got my account upgraded until... 11/10 it looks like.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:23 pm

mrrrx wrote:You may need to already have an ID, but you don't need to have paid anytime previously. I have never paid for tenhou but I got my account upgraded until... 11/10 it looks like.
Look again:
有料版をご利用のみなさまに、有料版の有効期限を15日間プレゼント!

【対 象】 2012/09/01以降に料金をお支払いいただいた方
※新しく有効期限を購入後にこのページで加算することも可能です

All users of a paid subscription, we award you with 15 free subscription days as a present!

Target: Those who have made a successful payment from 2012/09/01 onwards.
*You can use this page even after just making a purchase.

If you try this on an account that doesn't fulfill that condition, you will just get an error message in red print.
2012/09/01以降の最終決済日が確認できません

We can't confirm any succesful transactions after 2012/09/01
That doesn't mean the free days transaction was successful. Also, being able to use the Flash Premium doesn't mean the transaction was succesful either, neither does having an "expiration date". There is a simple way for you to confirm this: Try to use the Windows Client. It should NOT let you play.

Unless... did you register your account from September onwards? It seems like it counts the 3 days free trial (for new registrations) as a "succesful transaction". It SHOULDN'T! But it seems like it does. Notifying tsuno about it. That, of course, won't occur for "normal" accounts (i.e. those who have been playing tenhou before September and the campaign). And probably should stop working after Tsuno gets the report. Thanks for the heads-up.

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mrrrx » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:23 am

xKime wrote:Unless... did you register your account from September onwards? It seems like it counts the 3 days free trial (for new registrations) as a "succesful transaction". It SHOULDN'T! But it seems like it does. Notifying tsuno about it. That, of course, won't occur for "normal" accounts (i.e. those who have been playing tenhou before September and the campaign). And probably should stop working after Tsuno gets the report. Thanks for the heads-up.
Ah, yeah, to confirm it was a new ID i had created after September 1st but prior to 10/24 when it looks like the promotion started. I can play on the windows client in the beginner lobby without having subscribed before, so it must be a bug.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 pm

mrrrx wrote:
xKime wrote:Unless... did you register your account from September onwards? It seems like it counts the 3 days free trial (for new registrations) as a "succesful transaction". It SHOULDN'T! But it seems like it does. Notifying tsuno about it. That, of course, won't occur for "normal" accounts (i.e. those who have been playing tenhou before September and the campaign). And probably should stop working after Tsuno gets the report. Thanks for the heads-up.
Ah, yeah, to confirm it was a new ID i had created after September 1st but prior to 10/24 when it looks like the promotion started. I can play on the windows client in the beginner lobby without having subscribed before, so it must be a bug.
Yes, as long as you have recieved it on September onwards, it should count.
Thanks for using Tenhou

Thanks for the report.
I am aware of that while running the campaign.
However, new IDs were never supposed to be the target of this event.
reference)http://blog.tenhou.net/article/59484201.html

It's very hard to keep the balance.
I wanted to give premium users a gift in commemoration of 2 million premium accounts registered, but as to how to log succesful transactions... I just don't want to write a serious program for getting real subscriptions.
That is why the current system only works by counting expiration dates.
As a result, unfortunately, new IDs are also able to receive this benefit...
Well, he is just lazy to write a more selective program, but new IDs weren't target of this event. Nice catch.

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by chalwa » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Little offtopic here, but, really, there is 2 million premium users on tenhou? Is there some statistic of players registered, playing, and even better more with more details about tenhou (and I'm looking also for other web games, like janryumon, toupai-ou, mahjonglogic games, and every othere). That info would really help me with my masters thesis (its on interface usability subject, on example of mahjong games), so those stats would be great help. if you can point me where to look (in japanese) i can manage to translate it by myself.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:00 pm

chalwa wrote:Little offtopic here, but, really, there is 2 million premium users on tenhou? Is there some statistic of players registered, playing, and even better more with more details about tenhou (and I'm looking also for other web games, like janryumon, toupai-ou, mahjonglogic games, and every othere). That info would really help me with my masters thesis (its on interface usability subject, on example of mahjong games), so those stats would be great help. if you can point me where to look (in japanese) i can manage to translate it by myself.
2 millions+ is the total users of that site. Only a percentage uses, or has used in the past, premium membership. And one of the reasons is that the price and quality of the client is excellent compared to other games. Two-three hanchan in Janryumon; 2-3 games in Mahjong Fight Club or MJ Arcade; single game in a Jansou plus-minus your wins or losses; 2 hanchan in Marujan: any of these cost the same as one full month of free play on tenhou's premium service. Furthermore, your account doesn't get expelled if you suddenly stop subscribing, as is the case in ron2.