Janryumon changes earlier this week!

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Janryumon changes earlier this week!

Post by Goldeneye » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Apparently earlier this week, JRM3 has underwent some significant changes, most of it on the league side of things.

Now, the league allows ippatsu, kan dora, ura dora and kan ura dora

What am I am not exactly sure about is that in the league, at the beginning of each two week period, you get a red league ticket with a "life bar" of 30,000 points. You can only lose the life bar, not gain it - and the amount you lose is basically how many points you are short of 30,000 at the end of a league game - and yes, if you go bankrupt, you lose the entire life bar!

Also there are perks to playing in the league games, dependent on your league level (D, C, B, A and S) - I believe you will get treasure chests at the end of all league games, and the number of treasure chests you get will be the number of hands you win during the game.

Full details (in Japanese only) -
http://janryumon.plaync.jp/event/1207update.aspx

There may be other things I am not so sure about, so can someone please translate at least the most important parts? Thanks again!

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: Janryumon changes earlier this week!

Post by mrrrx » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:53 am

Well I just tried it and the main change seems to be that they sped everything up like crazy - all the animations have been doubled in speed and you now only have 3 seconds to discard.

The old 10-second time banks that you could buy with points are gone, instead there's an automatic time bank that starts at 60 seconds and carries over from all your games. To add more time to it you need to use the mysterious clam currency -- I don't see any option to buy it with points. I like the automatic time bank idea (since if I'm thinking about my tiles I'm not thinking about pressing tab) but obviously I don't like having to pay for it -- If I knew how to pay for it.

This sucks because I liked to play Janryumon to take it easy and watch some tiles explode, now everything is a rush, I guess it's geared towards grinding for rank now. Also once my time bank runs out I'm guaranteed at least one accidental tsumogiri per game, probably more. Guess I'll just stick with Tenhou.

sasuraiger
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sasuraiger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:20 pm

The changes seem to indicate that they couldn't get people to pay up for much (the clam currency, kaimo, is real money) and decided to make changes to the system as a result.

The fast-mode doesn't really make matches go any quicker, after all. It's the animations in JRM that took so much time, and that's not really something they can do much about. JRM already had a pretty fast clock: this just feels like they're specifically making it this short so that you'll buy time. Likewise League mode has a life bar system now and if you do badly you'll have to buy a ticket to refill it.

I kind of get their strategy: they're trying to get things where you can say that needing to pay is one's own fault for playing badly in League, or taking too much time. Basically the weaker players (the majority) would pay for stuff like this and good players wouldn't. The voices and stuff must not be working out for them. Too bad they don't let foreigners pay for anything!

Moah
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Moah » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:47 am

Actually i do find it's a lot faster. They've double the animation speed, which make games take less time.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:46 am

I kind of get their strategy: they're trying to get things where you can say that needing to pay is one's own fault for playing badly in League, or taking too much time.
I could only wish. I have never taken as much as even 1 hit point in League Mode, and yet starting last month, PlayNC took away all of my Life Points at once and haven't refilled them. I am not very happy about how they seem to want to push me into buying them tickets.

Moah
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Moah » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:59 am

xKime wrote:I could only wish. I have never taken as much as even 1 hit point in League Mode, and yet starting last month, PlayNC took away all of my Life Points at once and haven't refilled them. I am not very happy about how they seem to want to push me into buying them tickets.
Yeah, the same happened to me. Except I did lose hit points, but I still had 20k, and was eagerly expecting my rise to the next bracket, then bam, lost all my hp and didn't get promoted. And I have no idea why.