Janryumon Titles

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

Ewanhelk
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Janryumon Titles

Post by Ewanhelk » Thu May 19, 2011 8:57 am

I've been playing Janryumon for some time now, up to around 3 kyu, but I still only have that one title, or wahtevermatchallit thing.
That bar under your name, when you play, sometimes flashy and with complex looking Kanji.
The only one that I have is the grey depressing looking one.

I guessed that they were given based on accomplishments or something, but now that i'm all the way up to 3 kyu, and still nothing, I'm starting to have my doubts.
Does anybody know how to get these titles?
Also, i've been playing mostly 3p mahjong, if maybe that is the problem

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: Janryumon Titles

Post by xKime » Thu May 19, 2011 9:28 am

Janryuumon has two "sections" for players. One is "ippan" which is the "general" lobby that anyone can access, and then you have "jukuren" which is the "proficiency" table for players above 6th kyu with 15000 jantama or more.

Fulfilling certain requirements in the "jukuren" tables will grant you different titles.

I am currently using the "Kanzen Muketsu" (完全無欠) title; an award for getting a "perfect game" (everyone yakitori (as in, they didn't win any hand) but you). But there are many, many others more. Some are self-explanatory while others are very obscure.

Ewanhelk
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Ewanhelk » Thu May 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Thank you so much for the info.
I do have one more question though. I=

Is it possible to obtain these titles while playing 3p? I've seen some nagashi mangan titles, and it seems alot easier to accomplish that in a 3p match, but perhaps in 3p matches you can't get titles, only in 4p sessions. I've looked at my records, and it lists that i have played 40 something jukuren matches (all 3p :p) but still only that 1 title.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Fri May 20, 2011 1:57 am

Ewanhelk wrote:Thank you so much for the info.
I do have one more question though. I=

Is it possible to obtain these titles while playing 3p? I've seen some nagashi mangan titles, and it seems alot easier to accomplish that in a 3p match, but perhaps in 3p matches you can't get titles, only in 4p sessions. I've looked at my records, and it lists that i have played 40 something jukuren matches (all 3p :p) but still only that 1 title.
You're welcome.

No, it's not possible to obtain them in 3p, only in real mahjong. Though, I wouldn't rule out the possibility for 3p titles in the future. It's not that janryumon disregards 3p, it's just that it's so fairly new that they haven't yet adapted all their functions to it (i.e. it's not even possible to make a custom 3p game yet).

Ogi
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Ogi » Thu May 31, 2012 3:32 pm

I was given 4 titles I think in my frist game,no clue as to what the titles mean.I have earned a few more and somehow lost a few, but as I am still very new to Jan Ryu Mon and there is very lil about the game in english it maybe some time before I figure out what title is what :) My big plan is to get the game on my laptop. then visit a few Japanese resturants in town for drinks,dinner,and maybe some translations :)
Last edited by Ogi on Thu May 31, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Thu May 31, 2012 6:50 pm

Ogi wrote:I was given 4 titles I think in my frist game,no clue as to what the titles mean.I have earned a few more and somehow lost a few, but as I am still very new to Jan Rye Mon and there is very lil about the game in english it maybe some time before I figure out what title is what :) My big plan is to get the game on my laptop. then visit a few Japanese resturants in town for drinks,dinner,and maybe some translations :)
Don't lie, you can't lose your titles.

About the restaurant thing, I'd suggest that you don't do that, it will be awkward for both of you. Mahjong terms aren't necessarily something that all Japanese people understand (same thing happens in English if you ask someone who doesn't know a thing about poker what a "gutshot" is). As for titles, some of them require a little knowledge of culture to understand in the original Japanese, and equal or more culture in English to provide for an accurate translation.

If you know how to post a screenshot, try posting them here.

Make sure we're talking about the same game; I've never heard of "Jan Rye Mon," only Janryuumon/Janryumon.

Ogi
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Ogi » Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 pm

xKime wrote:
Ogi wrote:I was given 4 titles I think in my frist game,no clue as to what the titles mean.I have earned a few more and somehow lost a few, but as I am still very new to Jan Rye Mon and there is very lil about the game in english it maybe some time before I figure out what title is what :) My big plan is to get the game on my laptop. then visit a few Japanese resturants in town for drinks,dinner,and maybe some translations :)
Don't lie, you can't lose your titles.

About the restaurant thing, I'd suggest that you don't do that, it will be awkward for both of you. Mahjong terms aren't necessarily something that all Japanese people understand (same thing happens in English if you ask someone who doesn't know a thing about poker what a "gutshot" is). As for titles, some of them require a little knowledge of culture to understand in the original Japanese, and equal or more culture in English to provide for an accurate translation.

If you know how to post a screenshot, try posting them here.

Make sure we're talking about the same game; I've never heard of "Jan Rye Mon," only Janryuumon/Janryumon.
1.I do not lie. I had four or so titles and won a couple more and then some of the ones I had were gone, I have no idea as to why.

2.Nothing awkward in the least,we have open cafe's and restaurunts here.It is also how I found where to buy a tile set locally,all I had to do was ask and they pointed me in the right direction, It did end up being a china green set but I was still happy and found that there is a small group here the plays Hong Kong Style.

3. I am planning on doing a screenshot post if I ever get a few more titles.

4. repaired my typo so yes it is the same game.

Going off the topic though for just a bit since you do seem to be the Jan Ryu Mon Guru,,,,is there a way to set the UI to the settings I perfer? it comes back up in default settings whenever I launch the game, thanks for your time. :)

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Here are a couple of pages all in Japanese in what condition must be met to get a particular title - it is missing a few of the more obscure ones apparently...

http://www35.atwiki.jp/janryumon/
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?page=1& ... 3&snA=1718