Jan Ryu Mon

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

BoyaSonny
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: Jan Ryu Mon

Post by BoyaSonny » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Sucks I can't make an account, I get through everything at the registration then get stuck at the image verification lol.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:27 am

BoyaSonny wrote:Sucks I can't make an account, I get through everything at the registration then get stuck at the image verification lol.
When I'm in a computer that doesn't have Japanese IME, I just use this:
http://animelab.com/anime.manga/dictionary/

Copy-paste the characters you need for image verification. No kanji will show up, so you're okay. Only hiragana and katakana. You don't even need to be able to see them, as they are also written in roman letters, so even if you only see squareboxes, you know what you're copying.

Meeps
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Meeps » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:02 am

There is also an option to draw the character with the mouse if you have the Japanese settings installed on your PC.

BoyaSonny
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by BoyaSonny » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 am

Looks like Janryumon is down.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:09 am

It's not "down" it's just the regular maintenance. And it's a good one at that. Events tend to start/end/give the prices around the maintenance time. The updates are always a good thing.

BoyaSonny
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by BoyaSonny » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:27 pm

In any case, today was a good day.

Had some 69 :D

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Anyone really active in the "marksman" promotion?

I now have 20 out of the 29 point combinations needed - I have already received the following...

5 Extra "wait 10 second" markers
5 more replay tokens (normally costs Kaimo)

I now am awaiting my reward for hitting 20 combinations...

Marksman promotion ends June 28, BTW.

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mrrrx » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Jan Ryu Mon 3 is being released on 9/27:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/071/G007134/20110904001/

I can't read Japanese, but I heard something surprising in the first video at 1:11 (about 1/2 down the page)

"Riichi
First Turn Win
Three Concealed Triplets
Full Flush
Dora Eight
...hhhhyakumaaahhhn!"

Why would there be an option for English voice & yaku names? Does this mean they might be removing the region blocking or opening up an English client? Or is it just a novelty thing for Japanese players to get an English announcer?

I hope it's the former, but I'm guessing it's the latter. I find it pretty funny, though.

sasuraiger
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sasuraiger » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 am

Yeah, I would love for this to be a precursor to English JRM but there probably aren't enough of us out there to justify running the service (maybe an English frontend the way Joyjan does?). More likely it's just a paid alternate voice (JRM has tons of those, otaku fave "tsundere" is always atop the sales charts). I wish PlayNC would make it easy for foreigners to buy stuff on JRM: I'd have bought the cat paw a long time ago and called it a day.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to league play, at least, and I'll be saying YYYAKUMANNN for days to come.

Can anybody offer a full translation of what JRM3 is offering?

sjoecool1991
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sjoecool1991 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:53 pm

I forgot my password on this game, and now I am unable to play it haha.
No idea how to recover my password, and I don't feel like going through the whole registering process again :/

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mrrrx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:40 pm

sasuraiger wrote:Yeah, I would love for this to be a precursor to English JRM but there probably aren't enough of us out there to justify running the service
TBH I don't care much about an english client/server, I was really just hoping for removal of the block on non-japanese IPs so the small number of us would at least be welcomed. The VPN I used to play with has gotten unbearably laggy and causes me to disconnect every other game... was too frustrating to continue. Maybe i'll just switch to a pay VPN service for JRM3.

The only other new feature I know besides league play (which has no red 5s, no uradora, no ippatsu), is the ability to noten riichi.

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Let's just hope that there will be an English version of the JRM page for JRM3...

That said, I wonder if they will extend ways to get kaimo for those that are not in Japan or otherwise not have access to bitcash (which is I believe to be a Japan-only) thing so we can get some cool stuff (like that cat paw - I'm just over halfway to the million jantama needed for that)...

The next few weeks will be quite interesting indeed.

As for the English voice for JRM, wonder if Tom Sloper's voice will get involved...

sasuraiger
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sasuraiger » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:12 pm

JRM just sent out an email saying that everybody's going to start at 0 jantama after the JRM3 update (the 27th) and to spend it now, so be careful!

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mrrrx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:46 am

sasuraiger wrote:JRM just sent out an email saying that everybody's going to start at 0 jantama after the JRM3 update (the 27th) and to spend it now, so be careful!
Do you know if items that you got but haven't used yet will carry over to JRM3?
Or if stats will reset? (I hope so! mine are extraordinarily bad from disconnecting)

sasuraiger
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sasuraiger » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:42 am

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/newfunctionEx/

Added stuff on JRM hs been detailed in a teaser site, specifically rules for league mode.