Jan Ryu Mon

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: Jan Ryu Mon

Post by Goldeneye » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Wow, nice new interface for the new Janryumon 3 - and a few other things added in its GUI.

That said, there is no division between Jukuren and the "lower division" in the public games now - all public games are in one set of rooms, while a league room has been added.

For each hand you win, you gain a treasure chest, but apparently, you will only get the true contents of the treasure chest IF you finish first (or second, I can't tell for sure).

There are possibly a lot more things that I have yet to see though in the new Janryumon 3.

sasuraiger
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sasuraiger » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Since I can't read Japanese I don't have everything, but here's what's basically up:

You have to be first dan to get into league. EXP rates have been dramatically increased to make this relatively fast.
Jantama are gone, there's a new cash system. Good stuff is all still pay-only: does PlayNC JP sell point cards?
There is an item unlock system for things like the gold tiles, the white guy voice, and a couple of other things. I'm not 100% on how this works. Here's an example of the progress screen.

http://i.imgur.com/kpiiw.png

When you win, you get the treasure chests. The treasure chests seem to have the tiles in them (I got 2-man and 6-sou from winning a match), which unlock the items... you get the idea.

I think items make the grind go faster now, so now my hand looks ridiculous because it's outfitted like an RPG character.

The music is new. It isn't annoying. The core system hasn't really changed.

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:19 pm

I should say that the treasure chests open up regardless of placement.

However, only about 10% of treasure chests will contain something. I did get a 2-man last night though.

That probability gets altered higher for certain if you are wearing certain tattoos or jewelry.

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:47 am

There is a promotion there and I have seem to have qualified for a few things, including a couple of league tickets that one can redeem using a code, but I am not sure how to redeem that.

Full details are there:
http://janryumon.plaync.jp/event/1111mondoTv03.aspx

I am wondering if anyone in the know has redeemed these things in the past...and if a kaimo account is needed.

Also, is anyone close to getting a complete set of golden tiles - I now am at 20 out of 34 for the golden tiles and the treasure chests are now harder to get it seems.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:38 pm

I got all the items alright. No need for kaimo; it's all free.

sasuraiger
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sasuraiger » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 pm

This is where you put your serial in for the league tickets.
http://shop.plaync.jp/serial/showDefault.nc

The gifts after the tickets won't show up on your account until after the event's over.

The grind for items is so ridiculous. I still equip my hand, but past that I don't even think about it anymore. I assume the pay items make it go super fast, but I don't need gold tiles that bad, thanks.

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 pm

OK, I've actually figured out how the special tiles in treasure work.

Presuming you've set it to get special treasure tiles (probably automatic)...

You have to set your hand up so that your possible winning tiles matches a tile which you don't currently have of a copy of the treasure tile.

Win with that particular tile and only then a treasure chest will show up.

Try to be in 1st or 2nd for the overall game which gives you better chances of getting that tile to come up, but even then that isn't guaranteed (about a 10% chance normally).

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:34 pm

sasuraiger wrote:This is where you put your serial in for the league tickets.
http://shop.plaync.jp/serial/showDefault.nc

The gifts after the tickets won't show up on your account until after the event's over.

The grind for items is so ridiculous. I still equip my hand, but past that I don't even think about it anymore. I assume the pay items make it go super fast, but I don't need gold tiles that bad, thanks.
I see that page, but I think you have to register your info, which has to include an address - and I am not sure if those residing outside of Japan are eligible for that prize in question, because I don't see a way to register a non Japanese phone or non Japanese residential address.

sasuraiger
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sasuraiger » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:34 am

I wouldn't be able to tell you since I don't have the serials anymore, but I was definitely able to redeem them.

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:17 pm

I go to the page @ http://shop.plaync.jp/serial/showDefault.nc and click on the orange button...

And it leads to this page...
https://ssl.plaync.jp/NCRegi/NCaddinfo/ ... Default.nc

Where I think you have to enter your address and all that and I don't see a way to set it to accept a non-Japan address...

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:29 am

That's because the don't accept non-Japanese players altogether officially.

Kyuu
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Kyuu » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:51 am

Is it me... or is YouTube laced with like videos of... Yakuman, freak hands, freak situation, etc. from Jan Ryu Mon?

By which... this is leading me the impression that this software is rigged to produce big hands more often.

Iapetus
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Iapetus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Quite a few of those videos are laced with dislikes because the players lucked into yakumans because they played badly.

The tenhou phoenix hanchans have 50+ yakumans every month, and that's maybe 1% of all the games played, which would be 5000 yakumans on tenhou monthly. Janryumon hands are more attractive to post on youtube because tenhou replay links can be shared to everyone.

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mrrrx » Tue May 01, 2012 8:16 pm

I used to need to use a Japanese VPN in order to access Jan Ryu Mon, so I haven't played it in a long time because I got sick of paying for a Japanese VPN service. Anyway, I tried to access the site normally without a VPN today and it works fine, they must have changed something recently. Just a heads up for anyone who used to be unable to access the site from overseas -- try again! Not sure if it will last but hopefully it will...

Ogi
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Ogi » Sat May 26, 2012 1:30 pm

I am currently looking for updates guides for Jan Ryu Mon 3,small things like how to save your UI settings, the chat color codes,just a few small things that I can't seem to get a handle on.Right now I just enjoying the CPU mode as I get use to the game, however I would feel a bit better knowing how to move around in the software better. thank you so much for your time. :)