severely in need of an english translation!

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

severely in need of an english translation!

Post by or2az » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 am

:north This is a really good app. It is named Mahjong Tengokuhai and is listed in the app store under Hangame. It is entirely in Japanese and the amount of it is overwhelming! With the help of "Barticle", I was able to translate and understand most of the settings buttons. There is still so much i can not read. You can play online or offline. Offline, which I use, has 3 modes of play. The graphics are great, the options are plentiful, and the game board itself is very informative. You can play horizontally or vertically. You can change the color of the board. You can change the color, and speed, of the tiles. During the game, discards from the wall are shaded white, discards from your hand are shaded gray, exact tile discards are shaded green, and tiles on either side of your discard are shaded blue. When you are tenpai, the board shows which tiles you need to win and how many of each are still in play. There are 30 characters of different strengths to chose from and you can change their names and put pictures of your friends in their place. So many statistics i don't know what half of them are. If you can add something to all of this, feel free. Like I said, I can't read japanese. By the way, The app is free and was just updated (version 1.48)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (23.54 KiB) Viewed 28300 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (233.9 KiB) Viewed 28301 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (235.65 KiB) Viewed 28303 times
Last edited by or2az on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: severely in need of an english translation!

Post by Ignatius » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:51 pm

I can try to help you. Goes well in my training for my japanese classes. I´m playing the PS3 game Dragon´s Crown with my brothers, but I´ll see this almost everyday so post what you need.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:48 pm

thanks for your time. for starters, when you open the game (version 1.47) , and hit "tap to start", there are 6 lines of japanese and 2 buttons. The left one heads toward the game screen, what does the right one do? It seems to download something.
Secondly, after you decide to hit the left button, there are 4 more on the very bottom. Any help with the 2 middle buttons will be appreciated.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 28288 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.45 KiB) Viewed 28289 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:31 pm

1st Image

追加のサウンド・画像データをダウンロードする事ができます。ダウンロードしますか? You can dowload additional sound/image data. Will you download?

キャンセルした場合、再度画面にくるとダウンロードが可能性です。In case you cancel it, you can download it again if you go back to this screen (or could be: In case you cancel it, you can download it again if you go back to your terminal screen). I´m not sure here.

いいえ NO    はい YES

2nd Image down buttons (below single play option).

お問い合わせ Enquiry   遊び方/お知らせ How to play/Notifications

Top Bottom Buttons.

戻る Go Back  戦績 Score or Results  ランキング Ranking  ルール/設定 Rules/Options
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:25 am

thanks. been trying to do this myself with the cam dictionary app but theres so much and most of the time the translation doesnt make sense. How about these?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (39.19 KiB) Viewed 28274 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (33.95 KiB) Viewed 28274 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (37.19 KiB) Viewed 28274 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:29 pm

I bet those are option rules. 1st image:

あがりやめ Agariyame: Win-stop.

You can choose that the moment the oya (the dealer/east player) is on top position and wins in the last game, the game ends (with no renchan or honba).

There´s no option [to select to continue or to end the game at free will]. So you need to choose to activate this or not.

2nd image:

局数 Kyokusuu: Number of rounds.

You can select between:

一局戦 Ikkyokusen: One Hand Game.

東風戦 Tonpuusen: East Round only game.

半荘戦 Hanchansen: Half game. Full japanese game, from East Round to South Round.

勝ち抜き戦 Kachinukisen: Tournament/Knoclout Competiton. Fixed to Hanchan (full japanese game).

サバイバル Survival. Fixed to Ikkyokusen (one round game).

3rd image:

鳴き無ボタン Nakimu Botan: Auto-pass Button. If you press this button, you´ll auto-pass on every tile other players discards, even if you could call a tile. You can cancel this effect.

PS: Edited the text based on Barticle´s post. Thanks Barticle!
Last edited by Ignatius on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Great work so far, Ignatius.

One quick comment...

一局 = one hand (quarter of a round)

一荘 = one full Chinese game (four rounds)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Rushing is a bad thing...

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:31 pm

hi again
can you help with this?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.77 KiB) Viewed 28202 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (25.76 KiB) Viewed 28202 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:38 pm

クリア回数: Times clear: X 回 = X Times.

前回評価: Last Time Session´s Evaluation: Yours is B.
Probably could go from A to E or something like that. I don´t know. If there´s an S, it will be better than A.

総合評価 Overall Evaluation: 

Your Overall Evaluation´s Ranks:

見習級: Apprentice Rank.

錬士級: Looks like "Refined/Trained Gentleman Rank" or "Refined/Trained Samurai Rank".

But all those ranks names are kinda weird...

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:49 pm

got it! thanks what do you think it means by "times clear"
how about one more?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (23.42 KiB) Viewed 28189 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 am

That "time clear" thing is something I´m not sure about. Probably could be the times you completed a game or you played in a specific mode. I don´t know.

平均副露成功率: Average "calling tiles"´s rate. If you call 0, 2, or 3 times per round, for example. This refers to "Fuuro" wich is the number of times you called tiles for melds, but not to win.

平均流局時聴牌率: Average Tenpai state when in a draw (ryuuukyoku)´s rate.
Last edited by Ignatius on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:52 pm

thanks for the help. these are the weird translations that i get sometimes.
whats your take on this one?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (18.36 KiB) Viewed 28177 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.2 KiB) Viewed 28177 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:20 pm

半荘4回中、毎回寺坂のトップを阻止する:
In 4 Hanchan (full game), each round Terasaka is on top you need stop/block/hindrance him/her. I found Terasaka only as a surname... Looks like that´s it
Last edited by Ignatius on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:39 am

hi
ive encountered 8 boxes with almost identical writing except for east,north, and south rounds. if i can understand 2 of them, i can get through the other 6.
I think it has to do with dealer continuances (Renchan) by wins and draws, tenpai or not tenpai. thanks for all the help.
And you were correct, terasaka is a name of a character.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.3 KiB) Viewed 28164 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (26.39 KiB) Viewed 28164 times