a WWYD oldie

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

a WWYD oldie

Post by or2az » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:07 pm

I found this tucked away under "Columns" from 2009 and titled "What would you do August 1st". viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50412#p50414
I guess it was written before the tile illustrations or screenshots were used so it was somewhat awkward reading.
There were 6 replies by those that have since "moved on" but I thought it was worth a rewrite. Hope you don't mind.
This was the initial starting hand and the dora was the 9-crak
I'm curious if any strategy has changed after five and a half years.

1-crak 1-crak 2-crak 3-crak 5-crak 5-crak 8-crak 9-crak 4-bam 6-bam 2-dot 3-dot white-dra white-dra

Shirluban

Re: a WWYD oldie

Post by Shirluban » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:42 pm

or2az wrote:I guess it was written before the tile illustrations or screenshots were used so it was somewhat awkward reading.
Guess again.
A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, RM.com changed its' forum engine. When the posts form the old forum were transfered to the new one, the smilies got disabled for some reason. Also, all ' (single-quotes) turned into \'.

It's quite easy to fix, but it requires to manually edit every post. So I fix those old posts only when they show up (or upon request).
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: a WWYD oldie

Post by or2az » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:36 pm

I guess that explains it. I noticed you went back and fixed the old post. Looks much better now. I seem to remember this happening once before.
Will do a search....... I found it. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48970&p=57752#p57752
Looks like that one required a lot of editing but it extended a good discussion. Maybe the same will happen with the one above.
Next time, I will have to remember to put in a request to edit before trying to do it myself.
Thanks for your time. May the force be with you!