Analysis: Mauro's Games - 03

Guides and beginner's help. If you're new to mahjong, this forum is for you. All questions are welcome - don't hesitate to ask.

Moderator: Shirluban

Mauro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Analysis: Mauro's Games - 03

Post by Mauro » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:12 pm

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2015091823gm-0 ... eb16a&tw=3

This is the worst game I had in a while: not sure why, I didn't have my head in the game, and I know I did mistakes; still it was so bad I'm not sure if I made some big mistake I'm not seeing right now.

E1/0: maybe discarding dora with not one of them in sight was reckless, but I didn't have safe tiles; maybe 8-bam would have been better? Nothing says to me it's safe, but at least I have three of them, and there are a bunch of 9-bam out.

E2/0:

Step 4: maybe I should have discarded a honor? I already had a yaku a not one of my honors is paired; I think here I pushed too much for honitsu. (Same consideration in step 5.)

S1/0

8: I discarded 5-bam to have a better tanki wait in case I drew 4-bam, and it could give a good wait if I drew 4-dot 9-dot, but I'm not sure it was the right thing to do.

S3/0

12: I should have discarded 7-dot, I was too focused on iipeiko (not that doing otherwise would have changed the outcome...).