After-game discussions

Guides and beginner's help. If you're new to mahjong, this forum is for you. All questions are welcome - don't hesitate to ask.

Moderator: Shirluban

Mauro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

After-game discussions

Post by Mauro » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:57 am

Is there some site on which people plays and later comments the game, like in Japanese's meetups? Lately my winning rate (both hands and games) dropped significantly, and I can't understand why (I deal in less, when I watch my opponents' winning hands I'd have played it almost like them, and I don't think my playing style changed significantly from when I was winning more), so I was looking for some way to think about this other han thinking it by myself.

Shirluban

Re: After-game discussions

Post by Shirluban » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:10 pm

Yes, there is reachmahjong.com for this! :P
We had few topics where players linked to a Tenhou game's log, and got review and advice.
You're welcome to open your own !

I mention Tenhou because it conveniently lets anyone review a full game step by step and shows all hands. Other logs are welcome of course.
In its simplest form, you can just post you hand and ask What Would You Discard/Do?
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Mauro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: After-game discussions

Post by Mauro » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Cool, thanks! I was wondering if a game would be too much, glad it isn't :D Tenhou is fine, I already play there.

(Now it'd be wonderful to be able to play a game and discussing the game here with the players themselves.)