Mahjong at Unity Games XIX

Want to meetup with your RM.com friends? This is the place! Meet in real life or online! Please remember to not post any identifying details and be careful who you give your email and personal details to. We recommend you do not agree to meet strangers in real life.

Moderator: Shirluban

wavemotion
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Mahjong at Unity Games XIX

Post by wavemotion » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:27 pm

More of a quick report than a request for a Meetup since it just happened this past Saturday (26-Jan-2013)

I spent the day at Unity Games XIX (19) (this was the biggest turnout yet with 710 gamers). It's primarily a boardgaming event. I was fortunate enough to get in 2+ hours of live Riichi Mahjong with a number of folks participating (all of whom knew how to play) and kibitzing. Of special note is Reach Mahjong member Goldeneye whom I met for the first time and got to get in an East-only game with. My face-to-face Mahjong experience continues to climb!

I think next year I'll try to organize some Mahjong time more officially for UG20.

Kyuu
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: Mahjong at Unity Games XIX

Post by Kyuu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Well, that's great; and keep it up. And, this only means: I better step up my own efforts. :mrgreen:

Suddenly, I am curious if there are similar events near the Chicago area.