level of video game difficulty

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: level of video game difficulty

Post by or2az » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:13 am

Mahjong God 2/Grand Prix mode
Here we go again. I keep stating that I've had enough of this 5 league/13 level marathon but I find myself drawn back to it, probably because it's such a challenge to reach the top, or maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.
I started it again for the 3rd time (I should stick to the free mode, setting my own rules and avoiding Mr. WAREME and most of his red five buddies, but I didn't), and after a severe pounding in A-league, resisting the temptation to throw the tablet against the wall, finally made it into S-league after 167 matches. I was once again in mahjong hell, facing opponents intent on my destruction. I was ready to surrender but a yakuman gave me extra strength when I took a chance and didn't call the abortive draw. I find this level to be devastating, especially when I get crushed and blown away in one wareme hand. Why do I subject myself to this torture!!
This is why. 273 matches in a month plus. Satisfaction (unlike the Rolling Stones, who couldn't get any).
And that's it. It's over. Finally. What a relief. Finished. No more. The End. Never Again.
phpQvjVy0PM(1).jpg
phpQvjVy0PM(1).jpg (30.86 KiB) Viewed 6561 times
phpBkwPcyPM.jpg
phpBkwPcyPM.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 6561 times
index.jpg
index.jpg (10.42 KiB) Viewed 6561 times

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:28 am

Congrats!
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:43 am

It's awesome to get a Kokushi. Cheers, man.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Vincenzo Sammons
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Vincenzo Sammons » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:28 pm

It depends on ur skill. I like it when you have to go through a game several times and each time it open a new difficulty level. This is a great system.
Last edited by Shirluban on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Remove irrelevent hidden link.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:44 am

True. Playing a game with increasing difficulty levels provides one with a gauge on where his game stands and a passion to make it to the next level of difficulty. Although the grand prix mode of the game is exciting (and addicting), I would rather not play with any of the 3 optional wareme rules as I don't see any skill involved there, and 1 red five in each suit would be sufficient, as there is some skill involved in their use.
You can set these options, along with a high difficulty level, in the free mode of the game, if that is a preference.
Welcome to the forum.