hello android users

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

hello android users

Post by or2az » Mon May 25, 2015 2:36 am

I just picked up one of those 7-inch android tablets at a garage sale this weekend and was curious as to the best japanese mahjong apps.
I installed the 2 that I am familiar with via Apples IOS, the excellent Mahjong Tengokuhai (free) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53180#p56449 and the lite version of Mahjong Nagomi (already have the paid version on Apples ipod). viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53180&p=56928&hilit=nagomi#p56928
Unfortunately, the Pro Mahjong Kiwame app doesn't seem to be available on android.
phpgqi5N7PM.jpg
phpgqi5N7PM.jpg (20.25 KiB) Viewed 9826 times
photo 2.jpg
photo 2.jpg (18.57 KiB) Viewed 9826 times
I also installed that popular japanese mahjong computer flash game, which is available as an android app, but not on IOS.
Too bad it still doesn't have a tile counter.

Edit: deleted the above flash game, found a better one. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53418#p58804
Last edited by or2az on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: hello android users

Post by Ignatius » Mon May 25, 2015 7:13 am

If search for "Athena", you should be able to find their game, also if you search for "mahjong or 麻雀", but...

Konami MFC is also an option to play mahjong in Android.

I have, apart from Tengokuhai, the game Mahjong Tenka Fubu. Which is not so awesome, but it's decent enough.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Mon May 25, 2015 9:25 am

I found it, but when I tried to install it, all I got was a white screen with that annoying music from the game. Called Google Play and was told that the app, since it hasn't been updated in quite a while, will probably not work on the newer operating systems, like Kitkat. She refunded the purchase price.
Also, I could not find the Konami app. Maybe it's not available in the USA playstore.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Mon May 25, 2015 10:09 am

or2az wrote:I found it, but when I tried to install it, all I got was a white screen with that annoying music from the game. Called Google Play and was told that the app, since it hasn't been updated in quite a while, will probably not work on the newer operating systems, like Kitkat. She refunded the purchase price.
Also, I could not find the Konami app. Maybe it's not available in the USA playstore.
That´s kinda weird, dude...
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

francesprince
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by francesprince » Fri May 20, 2016 5:23 am

I also tried to install it, bit i got same result as white screen appears on screen.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sat May 21, 2016 2:29 pm

The game does install on the lollipop operating system, which is newer than kitkat.
However, there are some minor settings differences in the older android version as opposed to IOS but the game itself is basically the same.