Overview of current mahjong video-games

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Ozball
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: Overview of current mahjong video-games

Post by Ozball » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:09 am

Yeeeessss! That's great to hear! I have always wondered what exactly gamedesign.jp is... is it just one person's work? Is it a group?
"Furiten is the most holiest!" - Garthe Nelson

Online Ranks
Tenhou Rating: Ozball - 1608 - 2nd dan

Old Ranks
MFC: オズボール - Seiryu (Blue Dragon) Master
MFC JPML Rank: 3rd kyu
Ron2 Rating: Ozball - 1335 League: Bronze

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: Overview of current mahjong video-games

Post by Ignatius » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:22 pm

So today I was checking the mahjong games in Android, and found a game called Jankisou 雀姫荘/Janki-sou something like Mahjong Princess Parlor. A 4 players riichi mahjong (1 player vs. AI game). Looks good, with very good visuals and relaxing music. It has a good set of options to modify, different modes to play, and difficulty levels.
The description states there is a 2 vs 2 mode.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=ja&gl=US

I do not know if it was listed here. It has japanese language, traditional and modern chinese, and english (it was bad but now it's fixed, and almost everything is clear enough)

Downloaded the trial version and it's full of cute loli characters, all of them. You have to pay 6 euro for the game if you want the full experience and check all the options and modes it has to offer, and looks like a pretty good riichi mahjong game (if you like lolis, you might be interested in this).

I do not care about this type of fictional characters, don't like them or dislike them either.

Seems like a solid riichi mahjong game to be honest.

Edit: In the end I was so curious about the game I decided to get it. The devs are improving the game day by day. I found a bug, and contacted them (in japanese), and they were fast to reply me, both in japanese and english. It might end being a great mahjong game, who knows?

Still not interested in loli characters.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.