Mahjong Marseille 2016 (MERS1 in Marseille, France)

News and discussion on tournaments been and gone.

Moderator: Shirluban

Gnom
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Mahjong Marseille 2016 (MERS1 in Marseille, France)

Post by Gnom » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:12 am

Since this is an international community, I'm not sure somebody's gonna be willing to travel to the south of France, but if you are we are organizing a tournament in Marseille on April 16th, followed by a day of free play and meeting outside. All infos are here:
http://www.chuuren.fr/mers-2016-en

Hope to see you there :)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: Mahjong Marseille 2016 (MERS1 in Marseille, France)

Post by Ignatius » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Looks interesting, I would like to attend, but... I hope the tournament has a lot of players.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Gnom
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Gnom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:51 am

We hope so too :p
So far not so bad, one week after the announcement and 5 months before the event we have 8 players. We are hoping for a minimum of 20 (and then hoping the first hope is not an unreasonable one !)

If you're interested the Spanish fast train goes to Marseille, last year we went to Barcelona in 4 hours!

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Senechal » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:58 pm

I've given my word to someone regarding PAX East. If that falls through, depending on what happens with life, the chance of me showing up in Marseille is low, but not necessarily zero :)

Gnom
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Gnom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Wow, getting someone to cross the Atlantic would be kind of an achievement in itself :D

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:12 pm

Gnom wrote:We hope so too :p
So far not so bad, one week after the announcement and 5 months before the event we have 8 players. We are hoping for a minimum of 20 (and then hoping the first hope is not an unreasonable one !)

If you're interested the Spanish fast train goes to Marseille, last year we went to Barcelona in 4 hours!
If I could... But I probably cannot go. I plan to move to Ireland with my brothers, who are already there, in the first or second month of this new year to come. I hope I find there stability, and a job. I will be busy, or so I hope. It's taking time, because I have pets, and I need them ready to move to Ireland. Also, I'll need an international moving company, and all... A real pain.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Gnom
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Gnom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Phew, hang on there, moving across seas is such mess!

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Gnom wrote:Phew, hang on there, moving across seas is such mess!
Thanks, Gnom! :)