I need help with a RM.com purchase

Any suggestions or requests for the site? Let us know here!

Moderator: Shirluban

kiradess
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

I need help with a RM.com purchase

Post by kiradess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi, I purchased and was billed for a "Junk Mat" way back on the 5th of this month. The charge went through, I can see the payment on my paypal page, however I have never received a shipping email. I did receive one confirming the order, however, nothing since then. And obviously, it hasnt arrived yet. I had to come here and ask about it because the shop site is so broken. I can't login, I get 404's. I can't send emails to any of the contact addresses given (like the one for when you don't receive your item) because my email service returns them as not being valid email addresses. Somebody please message me about this. Thanks

Kyuu
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: I need help with a RM.com purchase

Post by Kyuu » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the length of time between my order -- and -- order arrival. If I were to guess, I waited like about 1-2 weeks before my Junk Mat came in. If the wait gets longer than that, then yea -- you have every reason to be concerned. Also, I used Google Wallet, instead of Paypal (of course, too late for this bit).

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:56 am

It's not surprising to wait two weeks for an oversea shipping, but it would have been nice if Jenn sent you a shipping email.

You should try to e-mail her directly at jenn[At]reachmahjong.com
Let me know if she's slow to answer your email.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:14 am

2 weeks is not so bad. It usually takes me a whole month to get things I buy from ebay.

wavemotion
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by wavemotion » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:41 pm

If it's coming from Japan and you're in the USA usually 2 weeks is about right though I've had several items (I've bought hundreds of video games direct from Japan) held up in customs for 5 or 6 weeks! I'd give it a little more time - though a confirmation email would have been helpful.

Also, remember, Japan is on the other side of the world and since they all walk around upside-down, it's harder to get things done. Gravity is also working perpendicular to their efforts.

Of course I'm being factious... everyone knows it's Australia where they walk upside-down.