saki vocabulary extras

Whatever you want to share with your RM.com friends! Chat away!

Moderator: Shirluban

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: saki vocabulary extras

Post by or2az » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:05 pm

This "extra" doesn't have to do with words, or food, but rather with a book. In episode 8 of Saki, Nodoka is explaining about the night sky constellations and says she learned it from a book, "Night on the Galactic Railroad". Saki exclaims that she also read it. I decided to look it up. Here's what I found.

The book is a classic Japanese novel by Kenji Miyazawa, written around 1927, and posthumously published in 1934.
It was made into an anime film in 1985 (DVD in 2001) except that the main characters are depicted as (dare I say it), CATS.
The 3 main characters are Giovanni, Campanella, and Zanelli, which sounds more Italian than Japanese.
Texts appearing in various scenes and captions throughout the anime are written in Esperanto, some sort of language the author was interested in, which I have never heard of before. I found the anime at kissanime.com in two versions, dubbed or subbed,(and also on youtube), but have not watched it yet. Have you?
220px-Night_on_the_Galactic_Railroad.jpg
220px-Night_on_the_Galactic_Railroad.jpg (34.69 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
index.jpg
index.jpg (13.08 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (10.22 KiB) Viewed 3969 times

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: saki vocabulary extras

Post by or2az » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:15 am

This came into the bookstore today while I was there. It conjured up images of the saki crowd having lunch.
It made me laugh and want to get into a game.
Didn't realize there were so many different kinds that would fill up a book.
Nice pictures... Made me hungry.... Went to Burger King.
Itadakimasu!
saki2.jpg
saki2.jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 3767 times